What the risk of penile cancer from past HPV warts? I've heard conflicting information.I've also read it's almost nonexistent in circumcised men.True?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Yes, ...

Penile cancer has its storng connection with long tight foreskin, and in some cases, some subtypes of HPV like 16 & 18 have been blamed, But, in reality, I would not worry about such as long as the whole glans penis and foreskin can be well exposed and cleansed.
To help live a realistic life, peruse articles listed in http://formefirst.com/onLifeBasics.html. More? Contact me as needed.

In brief: Yes, ...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin

In brief: Yes/no

For one thing, the strains that produce warts are not associated with cancer, but you could have picked up non-wart cancer associated strains the same way Since circumcised men have the whole penis available for monitoring, recognition & treatment before any cancerous change would be easier. There is no 100% prevention with a circ, but it sure helps.

In brief: Yes/no

Dr. Jane Van Dis