I have a red, bump (like a mosquito bite) skin cancer on my shin. Are all bumpy/elevated skin cancers the deadly melanoma type, or not necessarily?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Not necessarily

There are 3 types of skin Cancers: The most common is called a Basal cell carcinoma(this is what you are most likely to have).
Melanoma is less common and it usually has a brown or black color to it. But the best way to find out what you have is to go see your doctor(PCP). A dermatologist may be most appropriate if you can get an appointment soon(in 2 weeks or less).

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha