Have spur on the back of my foot and below my heel. Achilles tendinitis (visible on the back of my foot). Pain is excruciating 24-7-365. What can I do?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Over used heel.

It sounds like you are describing a posterior calcaneal spur with associated Achilles tendinitis.
Stopping, or severely reducing, the pull of the Achilles tendon is the first line of treatment. Application of heat and/or cold will help, but the tendinitis inflammation must be reduced and off loading is the best way. Elevated heels on your shoes may help. An evaluation by a specialist is needed.

In brief: Over used heel.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Cindy Juster