I'm currently taking verapamil 100 mg ER to treat migraines. I'm wanting to no longer take the meds because I'm now taking turmeric/ginger supplement?

Pathology

In brief: Consult doctor

It would not be a good idea to discontinue your medication without discussing it with the doctor who prescribed it.
It is highly unlikely that turmeric and ginger will ward off your migraines. You may take these for the flavor and taste, but do not expect these herbs to treat any illness. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

In brief: Consult doctor

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine