Does tanning help clear up Pityriasis Rosea? I know tanning is bad, but im suffering with this itchy rash and I dont go over board with tanning.

Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No

Phototherapy using UVA and UVB is used to treat various skin conditions, including pityriasis rosea in rare cases when the itch cannot be controlled by other means.
However, tanning beds are not suited for this purpose as they typically emit only UVA. Phototherapy using UVA is done in a manner that quantifies dosing and may incorporate topical sensitizers that helps target the treatment.

In brief: No

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay