I have gastritis and duodenitis. I have tested neg for H pylori. I get acid a lot. What else would cause this?

Causes of gastritis. The suffix "itis" means "inflammation". The prefix "gastro" means "stomach." the term "gastritis" thus means an "inflamed stomach." The term is often used imprecisely to mean stomach upset, which can derive from both acid & non-acid causes, slow emptying of the stomach, H.pylori infection, atrophic &hypersecretory problems. Start with acid blockers, diet modification, avoid alcohol/tobacco.