I am experiencing leaking stool and bloody stool. The blood is brownish red. Not like when I have a hemorrhoid. I just had a bout of diverticulitis.

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Gastroenterologist

Whenever one has bloody stool, it is important to see a gastroenterologist to sort out the cause.
If you have not had a recent colonoscopy you will probably need one. It is possible that this may be a diverticular bleed. You should not delay in seeking help. If the bleeding is severe, go to the emergency room. Good luck.

In brief: Gastroenterologist

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Colonoscopy.

The best test right now would likely be colonoscopy, especially if it's been a while since you've had one, and really especially if you've never had one.
Diverticuli can bleed, and there can be another reason for the bleeding and change in your bowel habits.

In brief: Colonoscopy.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Please

make your physician aware of the bloody stools.
Here is a good Mayo Clinic article about diverticulitis - http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diverticulitis/basics/symptoms/con-20033495

In brief: Please

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery