My Other is experiencing sore throat. The following also describes her: Enlarged or tender lymph nodes. What should she do?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Get a diagnosis

The problem with a sore throat or pharyngitis, is that it can be severe.
I would worry this is Strep throat and that needs antibiotics, otherwise there could be complications. It's possible a virus is causing it - but that too should be diagnosed. The symptoms can be quite unpleasant and doctors are here to help. Hope you can get some assistance ASAP.

In brief: Get a diagnosis

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: A sore throat

with enlarged lymph nodes can be due to a number of medical diagnoses.
Streptococcal sore throat and Infectious Mononucleosis are two of the more common. Simple blood tests are available for both! Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: A sore throat

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Adam Levy