What to do for a broken toe?

Broken toe. If it does look deformed and it's one of the smaller toes you can tape it to an adjoining toe for support. You also need to wear an open toe shoe or a wide shoe. Otherwise you need an evaluation by a doctor.
Tape it to next toe. Only way you can tape is called Buddy Taping. In this you tape it to the next normal toe and has been always done for minor undisplaced fractures of the tor.
Depends. Big toe fractures generally require more restrictions whereas simple fractures of the lesser toes can be treated with simple buddy taping to the adjacent toe. Some fractures of the big and lesser toes may require setting, surgery and/or prolonged immobilization based on the complexity of the fracture. Xray will define the fracture pattern and dictate the treatment. Get xrays and see your doc.
Surgical shoe. and wrapping of toe by itself or buddy splinted to another toe.