For Type 2 Diabetes, is the change from non diabetic to diabetic instant? At what point are diabetics confirmed diabetics?

Pre-Diabetes. "PRE-Diabetes" or Impaired Fasting Glucose (IFG) is the precursor to Diabetes. Normal Fasting BG levels are 70-99. 100-125 is the Pre DM or IFG range,... and 2 fasting specimens (No calories for at least 10 hours before lab work) over 126 is diagnostic of TYPE 2 Diabetes. A 3 month Average test (A1C) can also be sued to help confirm and follow treatment for the diagnosis of Type 2 DM. Stay Well.