My eye doctor told me I have a retinal hemorrhage. I do not have any chronic diseases like high blood pressure or diabetes. Another cause?

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology

In brief: Retinal Hemorrhage

Where exactly was the hemorrhage & can you send us a photo? If it is small & peripheral, it is most often nothing serious.
If it is big or in the macula, we usually do some blood tests to be sure there are no underlying issues and even an angiogram to be sure there are not issues with blood flow to the eye which is rare. Send us a photo or consult with us to see if need work up.

In brief: Retinal Hemorrhage

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Dr. Vicken Poochikian