My vitamin d level is 29, should I take a supplement and how much per day?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Probably not needed

The institute of medicine recently did a review of vitamin d needs.
They concluded that we probably take more than we need. It is hard to tell from your number just what form of vit d was measured, and what the units are. If you are referring to vit d oh, measured in ng/ml, a level of 20 ng/ml is thought to be adequate.

In brief: Probably not needed

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Patricia Vuguin

In brief: Verify normal range

First you have to see what is the normal range in the test done by yourm doctor, if you a regimen of high dose vitamin d will be indicated, if level is normal daily recommended intake base on you diary intake will be appropriate.

In brief: Verify normal range

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Jack Hinkle