How can I make the swelling and redness go away in my lower leg/ankles and is it normal for it to hurt when touched?

Dr. Robert Hall
Podiatry

In brief: CELLULITIS

CALF PAIN POSITIVE HOMAN'S SIGN "MAY" INDICATE RISK OF EMBOLUS (CLOT).
SEE YOUR PCP FOR EVALUATION. INTERMIN CARE IS ONE ASPIRIN A DAY. HOPE THIS HELPS

In brief: CELLULITIS

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Why are you waiting.

There are several conditions that your lower leg and ankle can be red, swollen and painful, and unfortunately, none of them are good.
Blood clot, gout and an Achilles tendon issue are some of the more concerning. You need to get to your doctor sooner rather than later to avoid a potential disaster.

In brief: Why are you waiting.

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine