Can I take 2 800 milligrams of ibuprofen?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen 800 mg for what source of pain? Different pain medication works differently for different people.
Regardless I would not recommend more than 600 mg. More than that will not likely help. You can add 300 mg extra strength Tylenol for better pain control. However find out what is causing your pain and address the cause. Speak to your own doctor for recommendations.

In brief: Ibuprofen

Dr. Scott Methven
Dentistry

In brief: It won't help

It won't help with the symptoms.
Your body can only use so much at one time. It's called the ceiling effect. Once your body has all of its receptors using the medication there is no place for the remaining drug to work. You will end up just urinating out the rest. Your kidneys will have to work harder and it won't work any better. Best to add Tylenol as it works on a different receptor.

In brief: It won't help

It won't help with the symptoms.
Dr. William Forsythe