Why can't I sleep?

Dr. Andrew Ho

In brief: Sensitive marker

Sleep is a sensitive marker of many diseases.
If there is a big, sudden change in your sleep habits, it is important to let your doctor know. Be careful with taking sleep-inducing drugs to cover up the insomnia. This should only be done after eliminating serious causes of insomnia. It is much better to use insomnia to reach early diagnosis of an underlying medical / psychiatric condition.

In brief: Sensitive marker

Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Ravi Chand

In brief: Insomnia

Primary cause of insomnia is psychiatric, other causes of insomnia could be secondary to medical causes, sleep apnea, work schedule, psychosocial stressors.

In brief: Insomnia

Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: INSOMNIA?

Most insomniac's have very bad habits or emotional problems that they have to come to grips with and eliminate in order to sleep better. Caffiene intake, anxiety, worrying, eating late or sporadically, stress, depression.
..You get my point. Medicine isn't always the best solution. Counseling will help to define the problem and go with what you are told. Sweet dreams!

In brief: INSOMNIA?

Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry

In brief: Prevention

Not being able to sleep may indicated sleep problems that can be life shortening or life threatening.
The only way to know if there are serious problems is with an overnight sleep test. I encourage you to seek help.

In brief: Prevention

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Aaron Wolfson
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Many Causes..

There are many reasons for difficulty sleeping, and several types of insomnia.
Nearly 70 million people suffer from sleep problems. If you have been having difficulty sleeping for some time (two or more weeks), it may be helpful to consult your doctor or a mental health professional to explore further. Here is a link to some tips I have developed for my patients: http://tinyurl.Com/cuexb6u.

In brief: Many Causes..

Dr. Aaron Wolfson
Dr. Aaron Wolfson
Dr. Lillian Schapiro

In brief: Many reasons

You may not be able to sleep because of physical or emotional issues, or both.
For physical comfort, try placing a pillow between your knees. If you are anxious and having trouble getting to sleep, learn to meditate. Meditation is close to stage i sleep.

In brief: Many reasons

Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro