Have abcess tooth. Dentist did root canal and prescribed clindamycin. It's been 2 days, still more swollen and pain. Shd I be taking Valttex instead?

No valtex. Teeth abcess is due to bacterial infection. Valtrex is an effective treatment for certain viruses which do not cause tooth abcess. Give the clindamycin five days to work.
Abscess. Dr. Bensinger is correct. Continue to take antibiotic exactly as prescribed. Do not switch to antivirus. If symptoms have not begun to ease off by 72 hour’s from the time of the root canal treatment, contact your treating Dentist.