What are the most effective ways to potty train?

Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Make her want it
My experience is that kids truly can potty train when they care if they are wet most of the time.
When they want to be immediately changed 80-90% of the time, they generally can be trained within about 2 weeks. This stage of development does have variability, generally anywhere from 18mos- 3 years. Remember, nobody goes to kindergarten in diapers. All kids train, if healthy.

In brief: Make her want it
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Johanna Fricke
There's an app for that...Elmo calls to congratulate your child for successfully urinating or defecating in the potty, though not in those exact words. A favorite book is " Everybody Poops."
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Care if Wet
When they want to be immediately changed 80-90% of the time, they generally can be trained within about 2 weeks.This stage of development does have variability , generally anywhere from 18mos-3y/a. Remember, nobody goes to kindergarten in diapers. All kids train, if healthy.

In brief: Care if Wet
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Johanna Fricke
And you can't MAKE anybody eat, sleep or poop & pee in the potty.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Non-PC hints
Unless you & your daughter are ardent feminists & refuse to be objectified, she may like wearing " pretty girl panties.
" A boy may like standing on a "Little Looster" stool to pee on a target like a Cheerio, if rewarded by chest bumps & fist-pumps. Let either gender sit on the toilet for15 minutes, 15 minutes after a meal, legs on Looster, knees flexed. Let'em blow bubbles, sing, no screen time.

In brief: Non-PC hints
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Cindy Juster