How to deal with axisety?

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Anxiety
There are multiple treatment approaches available.
However, the most widely researched and used treatments include: psychotherapy and medications. The majority of the research studies done showed that the combination of medications (antidepressants) and therapy (the most widely used one is cognitive-behavioral therapy) works the best.

In brief: Anxiety
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
2 comments
Dr. William Drescher
Anxiety is a signal that something is wrong. Medication alone will hide the symptoms, but not get at the real issue. For that psychotherapy is needed. I mildly disagree with Dr. Danielyan in that I think that insight-oriented psychotherapy is better. Sometimes, even frequently, cognitive-behavioral works briefly, then the anxiety returns about something else.
Dr. Arman Danielyan
I agree with Dr. Drescher that there are various psychotherapeutic approaches used for treatment of anxiety disorders, including CBT, psychodynamic approach, including insight-oriented psychotherapy; exposure therapy, dialiectical behavior therapy, EMDR and others. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), however, has the most robust evidence base. YOu can refer to www.adaa.org for more information
Dr. James Fox
In brief: Several ways
Anxiety comes in several forms - phobias, excessive worry, and panic attacks for example.
There are medications that may help and cognitive bahavioral therapy which is as effective. The bottom line is that there is treatment and you don't have to suffer with it.

In brief: Several ways
Dr. James Fox
Dr. James Fox