Are there risks to having sex after 6 weeks & 4 days after birth, like infections, impregnation? If I take planB, will there be any side effects, infections, health risks? What kind of risks/side effects are there if I take planB at an early stage?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Many risks

There are many risks with sex at 6 weeks if there were complications at the vaginal delivery or C/S.
Yes, pregnancy can occur without contraception, and infection if the uterus is not fully involuted (shrunk) back to normal size. There can be retention of placental fragments and infection with bleeding. It is always a good idea to see the OB MD for the 6 week exam to eliminate the above risks.

In brief: Many risks

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Mary Vanko

In brief: Plan b

There is a chance of pregnancy now unless you are nursing exclusively.
See your OB/ GYN for reliable contraception before you have sex. The risks for Plan B are the same no matter when you take it. I have had at least one patient get pregnant at 6 weeks postpartum.

In brief: Plan b

Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Adam Levy