I am experiencing hair loss. I have one bald spot and it is very prominent. I'm only 21 years old. ?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: Unfortunately

MALE PATTERN BALDNESS often begins in the twenties! Suggest you consider MINOXIDIL containing hair preparations (remember the hair which arrives as a result of MINOXIDIL RX is NOT PERMANENT and you will need to keep up such preparations to keep up your new hair! Hope this is helpful! Dr Z

In brief: Unfortunately

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Clarene Cress
Male pattern baldness starts with thinning on the top of the head or receding hairline, if the hair loss is in a different location, a dermatologist can assess alopoecia areata or ringworm.
Pathology

In brief: Get seen

A single spot is unusual for male pattern baldness and you are young.
Telogen effluvium and alopecia areata can produce one spot in a guy your age.

In brief: Get seen

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Alopecia

First we need to know if you have been pulling your own hair. If that's not the case, there are potentially other causes including stress, an autoimmune disorder, or a hormonal disorder which will require a doctor's evaluation.
Consult a dermatologist if this problem persists.

In brief: Alopecia

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu