A few years after mitral valve repair and not on betablockers occasionaly have a body massage and hands get pins and needles temporary is this normal?

Paresthesiae. If the only time you experience pins and needle sensations in your hands is during a body massage, I suspect that the symptoms are positional and nerves are being impinged at the wrist with the arms outstretched or bent. However if these parasthesiae occur at other times, a carpal tunnel syndrome is likely. A hand surgeon or neurologist are best qualified to evaluate and advise you about this sym.