Had xray of my wrist doctor said it shows old fracture with callus formation, I had broken wrist bones 20 years ago could that be what seeing or newer?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: New injury

Why the XRay? What did the Dr say?

In brief: New injury

Why the XRay? What did the Dr say?
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Geraldine Goertzen
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Yes it could be old

When you see callus on an X-ray, you know that the injury is old enough for bone to have formed.
Sometimes you can still see where the break was on a newer fracture. It takes about a year for it to look like solid bone. On an older fracture, you can usually no longer see the break. So, when you see callus, you know the fracture is old, but not exactly how old. It will always look callused.

In brief: Yes it could be old

Dr. Geraldine Goertzen
Dr. Geraldine Goertzen