Why is the left side of my chest swollen and I get heart palpitations all throughout the day whether I'm sitting, standing or laying. I'm 17?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: You should get Physi

A Physical examination by a doctor is the only way to verify that your left side of chest is swollen.
if it is really swollen then further testing starting with chest X-rays will be required to check your heart and lungs including the chest wall structures. An enlarged heart due to any cause can cause symptoms like you have described. So lets make sure you do not have anything serious going on ins

In brief: You should get Physi

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine