What can I do to gain my weight?

Dr. Lori Lange

In brief: How to Gain Weight

What can I do to gain weight? First get a check up to see that you are healthy.
There are 3500 calories in a pound of weight. Take your weight and add a 0. Example 150 lbs 1500 that is estimate of calories you need per day to maintain your weight To gain need to add 500 calories more per day to gain 1 pound per week. So 1500 + 500 = 2000 calories per day and you will gain 1 pound a week

In brief: How to Gain Weight

Dr. Lori Lange
Dr. Lori Lange
Dr.

In brief: Need more info

Need to know what your aim is.
If you are underweight and need to normalise your weight then may need to exclude medical reasons why that is happening to sort that out i.e. a doctor consult - plus may need a dietician's input. If you are talking about muscle bulk then may need to consult someone qualified in sports medicine or personal training. Suggest a consult to look at this in more detail

In brief: Need more info

Need to know what your aim is.
Dr.