Bilateral asymmetric hydronephrosis. No blockage on CT or nuclear scan. Symptoms of prolapse, incontinence, slow flow. Doc wants UPJO surgery. Agree?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Depends on Uroflow

For my patients, whether I recommend UPJ valve surgery or not is dependent on the results of the UroFlow studies that I have all Urologists perform on patients with hydronephrosis (even if it's treated).
Without knowing the UroFlow results (numbers), it's hard for me to guide you as to whether I agree or disagree with the Urologists' recommendation. Your symptoms suggest UPJO but not its severity.

In brief: Depends on Uroflow

Dr. Adam Smith