I am suffering with patellar tendinitis and today is very bad. I can't walk. Do you think I need crutches?

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: If limping

If your tendinitis is worsening and is causing you to limp then use crutches or other aid(s) temporarily until you improve.
Persistent limping can result in its own set of maladies including LBP, calf soreness and pes anserine bursitis. Best of Luck!

In brief: If limping

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Jason Marchetti
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Depends on fall risk

If your condition is severe enough to pose a fall risk, then using crutches temporarily is reasonable.
For most cases of patellar tendonitis however, this would not be expected.

In brief: Depends on fall risk

Dr. Jason Marchetti
Dr. Jason Marchetti
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine