I am experiencing knee pain. It specifically flares up after running for about a mile. The pain runs down the back of my upper leg, down into my calf?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Choices baker's cyst

The first thing that comes to mind is could this be a Baker's cyst.
This is the swelling in the back of the knee and can go up the back of the thigh and down the calf. There are also tendons and bursitis that can cause these problems. This is something you need to discuss with your physician

In brief: Choices baker's cyst

Dr. Lori Lange

In brief: Sciatica-Leg Pain

Hi VinceN564, Concerned about the pain running down the back of the leg into the calf after running.
This is usually a problem with the nerve exiting the low back called the Sciatic nerve. It runs down the leg and when pinched causes pain. Stop running temporarily and get some relief before this gets worse. Dr Lori Lange-Pennsylvania

In brief: Sciatica-Leg Pain

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine