Can improper placement of needle & numbing agent in lower jaw cause temporary facial paralysis/tingling & severe pain in jaw, ear, neck & back of head?

Anesthetic Block. An inferior alveolar nerve block of your lower jaw will anesthetize either your left or right side, making it feel numb and "paralyzed". Pain in your jaw, ear, neck, and back of head may be a reaction to the anesthetic, not necessarily due to improper technique. Since every issue was temporary, you should heal without incident. Discuss with your dentist.