My blood pressure fluctuates but stays normal to low but gets high throughout the day. My doctor put me on metoprolol 12.5 mg a day. Is it too much?

Dr. Kenny Chuu

In brief: Incredibly low dose

Hi, As far as dosing, metoprolol 12.
5 mg daily is an incredibly low dose. Generally, to see significant blood pressure lowering effects, we use higher doses. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are getting dizzy or lightheaded because your blood pressure is too low. Alternatively, it may be worthwhile to consider more testing to see why your blood pressure is high only during the day.

In brief: Incredibly low dose

Hi, As far as dosing, metoprolol 12.
Dr. Kenny Chuu
Dr. Kenny Chuu
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology