Any medications without RX for RA???My flares are back today, hands shoulders,knee are swelling and painful, can`t take prednisone. have Latent TB.

Dr. Alvin Wells
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: RA

Today there are many treatment options for RA.
Many of the drugs do lower the immune response and may predispose to infections such as TB. Nevertheless, rheumatologists are able to mitigate these side effects even in patients with latent TB. We sometimes recommend anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen for flares. I do recommend consulting a rheumatologist and would be happy to do a consult wit

In brief: RA

Dr. Alvin Wells
Dr. Alvin Wells
Dr. Jonathan Jassey