I've had pain in my right foot for just over a week. Developing burning sensation & redness on top & side of foot. Feels like foot is twisted. ?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

There are a number of potential causes and I would not hesitate to be seen for a specific diagnosis.
Presumably you did not injure it? In that scenario infection, inflammation, or if you are real active possibly a stress fracture are among the more common things we see. A detailed exam would go a long way in making the diagnosis.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Time to move!!

It certainly sounds like a pretty good description of cellulitis.
The proximal cause needs to be uncovered. A trip to your local surgery is needed to assess the severity and minimize possible complications.

In brief: Time to move!!

Dr. Marsha Davis