Wheezing at night when laying down but no cough? Dr said it was asthma but I'm not sure? My chest gets tight as well sometimes

In brief: It happens

Asthma is a variable condition most known for reversible restriction to airflow in the tiny airways.
This is represented best by wheezing or "tightness". Cough is a less specific feature and may or may not be present on any specific occasion.Try to learn as much as you can about asthma and how it may be affecting you.It is a very significant illness & true asthma is a lifelong problem.

In brief: It happens

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology