I don't smoke and I don't drink i did a biobsy because i had a white patch inside my mouth cheek result came mild epithelial dysplasia is it cancer?

Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Epithelial Dysplasia

Is a condition that can lead to cancer but is not cancer. As you don't drink or smoke it may possibly resolve on its own or it may progress.
Have an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon examine you and review the Pathologist's report. (S)he will advise you what to do next.

In brief: Epithelial Dysplasia

Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Epithelial Dysplasia

Epithelial dysplasia is defined as: a disorder of differentiation of epithelial cells which may regress, remain stable, or progress to invasive carcinoma.
Simply stated it represents early changes in the cells which may progress to cancer cells. The doctor who gave you the diagnosis should discuss the results with you and also discuss risk factors and monitoring you on a regular basis.

In brief: Epithelial Dysplasia

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler