In JAN I had bad chest/shoulder pain and went to ER. They said anxiety. Pain in arm continued for a month. Now I can't catch breath, & have itching/burning in upper left part of abs. Heart issue ruled out. Xanax/PPIs don't treat. Is it really stress?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Stress

If you have given your Dr all of the information and his examination is normal and basic labs are normal including EKG and your family history of early heart disease or sudden death is negative then not likely heart disease.
Attributing it to stress should mean that other causes of chest pain need to be considered. Stress often a wastebasket term we use when don't know what it is.

In brief: Stress

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology