I suspect I have a yeast infection. I have discharge that is like sticky and white. I was wondering If I should treat it at home with monistat ?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Probably Normal

Sticky white discharge without associated itching or foul odor.It may be colorless to whitish in color.The thickness and texture varies at times depending on the stage of your menstruation.
In many cases white sticky discharge from the vagina is triggered by changing estrogen level..If discharge does smell.large in quantity,lumpy white like cottage cheese,appears yellow or green.Then it needs check

In brief: Probably Normal

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Better get checked

Self treatment for possible yeast is recommended only in women with previous yeast infections with the same symptoms.
The main symptoms of yeast are itching and irritation, with only slight discharge or none at all (contrary to common beliefs). Any new, abnormal, or unexplained discharge should be professionally diagnosed. If sexually active, STDs are a concern. Get checked ASAP.

In brief: Better get checked

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Jane Van Dis