When a person has chronic high blood pressure which anesthesia is best spinal or general put to sleep fully to remove complex ovarian cyst?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Spinal; see anesthes

I'm not an anesthesiologist, so the best person to talk to is whoever will be on duty on the day you are supposed to have the surgery.
But, to my knowledge, "being put to sleep" (general anesthesia with a gas) RAISES your blood pressure, while spinal anesthesia can potentially lower it (for the duration of surgery). Best to get it controlled before surgery, though. TTYD or use HT Prime for how to.

In brief: Spinal; see anesthes

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology