I am experiencing foot numbness and burning sensation. My plantar nerve was removed. Should half of my big toe be numb?

Dr. Bert Liang
Neurology

In brief: Unclear

Not sure why you had either/both of your plantar nerves removed - nor any past history of relevant diseases associated with a neuropathy.
The innervation of the top of the foot and the bottom are different, and the lack of plantar nerve(s) make it more complex. Please consult your doctor who can sort through all of these issues to localize the issue and additional tests to define it better.

In brief: Unclear

Dr. Bert Liang
Dr. Bert Liang