Why do headaches hurt?

Can't be exact about. The cause of headaches because there are several major types, e.g., vascular, sinus, muscular, tension, etc. Please see you doc so he/she can examine you and give you the proper treatment for the type of headache you have. Sorry if you are dealing w/this. Peace and good health.
Migraines or tension. Of course headaches hurt. Causes of frequent headaches may include migraines or tension headache. More info and an examination is required to diagnose the cause of your headaches. Please see your family doctor.