Girlfriend got +ve HPV and pap smear. We had unprotected sex few times. what to do to check if I got hpv? can I get vaccination ? whats next step?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: HPV in men

There is no immediate "next step".
Men in your situation do not need examination or testing unless they see warts on the penis. There are no approved tests for HPV in men and nothing to do even if a test were positive. Everybody gets HPV. Your gf's HPV and abnormal pap have no effect on your health. However, you could be vaccinated to prevent infection with the 9 HPV types covered by the vaccine.

In brief: HPV in men

There is no immediate "next step".
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Shontae Buffington