I believe I have ADHD or ADD but I have not been to a doctor to be prescribed medication for any of my symptoms. How would I get prescribed medication?

You qualify for it. Many of these meds are controlled substances.They are monitored by the feds & possession without a prescription can put you in jail. A doc can lose their license if they prescribe them to you without proper history, exam and testing to verify that you need them.Contact your doc & see if they actually treat this or refer patients to other docs.
More than medication. First things first, you need to be diagnosed. A doctor will assess your symptoms including any issues you might be having with school and other settings such as difficulty paying attention, being overactive and acting without thinking. Medication is a part of ADHD treatment. Also behavioral therapy is a part of ADHD treatment. More about ADHD https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd-the-basics/index.shtml.