One of my fingers cracks every time I shake some ones hand, why is this? I am 20 years old and am 20lbs overweight. Don't know if that helps. Also my

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Finger cracks

Joints snap or crack when tendons of a joint pull apart and release air bubbles from fluid which bathes the joint.
This doesn't necessarily mean there is or will be any damage to the joint however.

In brief: Finger cracks

Dr. Jose Prieto-hernandez
GOOD EXPLANATION THANKS
Dr. Jose Prieto-hernandez
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Osteoartritis

Usually a sign of Osteoarthritis! But if not painful no treatment ! It is called Crepitation when it occurs frequently on other joints! Like a grating sound!

In brief: Osteoartritis

Dr. Marsha Davis