What foods can help against gastritis and stomach inflammation?

Avoid what hurts. That is the easy answer. Other things to avoid are caffeine containing drinks and foods. Chocolate, spicy foods. and foods with acidic content may cause problems. Smoking and alcohol will definitely make it worse. If you must eat foods that have these qualities the consider smaller portions. No real things are "good" specially for gastritis though there may be things that feel better than not.
Diet. Aggravating items include spicy, greasy, fried foods, alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, chocolate. Certain medications like aspirin, Advil,Aleve,prednisone are provocative. H pylori infection of the stomach may be a factor. Persistent cases of gastritis should be treated and followed by a gastroenterologist who may recommend a gastroscopic examination at times.