If I have an HPV vaccination is it still possible to get HPV if my sexual partner has HPV or does the vaccination protect me from that?

In brief: Depends

There are dozens of HPV strains a vaccine would only help protect you from acquiring a strain contained in the vaccine.
If your partner brings a different strain into the relationship, you can become infected with that strain.The newest HPV vaccine contains 7 strains associated with cancer & 2 strains associated with genital warts.These are the most troublesome strains.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jonathan Jassey