How do I know if my pain is fybromyalgia ?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Physical
Fibromylagia is a diagnosis of exclusion.
What that means is we tend to have a high degree of suspiscion after a history and physicial is completed with a patient and we rule out othre disease states. Also, most of us like to do labs and possible xrays to make sure no other disease is present. You need to see physician to see where your pain is coming from.

In brief: Physical
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Physician Diagnosis
Like diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and rheumatoid arthritis, the diagnosis of fibromyalgia syndrome [fms] is based on criteria [rules of diagnosis] that can be applied by a physician skilled in using those criteria.
Many primary physicians are prepared to apply those criteria by some are not. Most rheumatologists are well informed about this condition and can initiate a treatment program.

In brief: Physician Diagnosis
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. Jack Goloff
In brief: Achy All-Over
The1st clue to fibromyalgia (fm) is widespread muscle pain.
Is it both above the waist, below the waist? Is it on both the left side of your body and the right side of your body? If both are yes it might be fm. It is also more common women then men, but either can have it. Symptoms > 3 months. Others may include fatigue, insomnia, joint pains, headaches, restless legs, numbness and tingling.

In brief: Achy All-Over
Dr. Jack Goloff
Dr. Jack Goloff
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Need evaluation
The diagnosis of fibromyalgia requires evaluation by a qualified physician.
There are well defined tender points in patients with fibromyalgia. I suggest seeing a rheumatologist.

In brief: Need evaluation
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Steven Seres