My baby's side teeth are coming in before the front teeth. Is that healthy and normal?

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry
In brief: Possibly
Normally, the anterior teeth erupt before posterior teeth.
You may want to consult a pedodontist (children dentist) to make sure there is not a problem

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Good answer!
In brief: Get it checked out!
It is difficult to determine what is normal in this situation without knowing your family history and without doing a clinical exam. Many dental experts believe a child should have their first dental visit at age 1 and it sounds like your situation would benefit from an early exam! your child's eruption pattern maybe different or possibly some teeth are congenitally missing.
Let a dentist help you!

In brief: Get it checked out!
Let a dentist help you!
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dentistry
Not an issue enjoy your child.

Not an issue enjoy your child.
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dr. Victor Zeines
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Any anomaly in size, shape, position, or eruption pattern should be evaluated to see if treatment or supervised observation is this prudent choice.
Dr. Scott Katz
It is not uncommon.
Sometimes the side teeth come in first. No treatment or dental visit is required.

It is not uncommon.
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
The order of tooth eruption can vary greatly from baby to baby.
Although most babies cut the front top or bottom teeth first, it is perfectly normal to have a different tooth be the first to erupt. The order in which the teeth erupt is not indicative of any illness or problem, as long as they all eventually appear.

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Cindy Juster