I have hereditary depression. Prozac doesn't work; and Lexapro and Effexor had terrible side affects. Counselling will not work. What are my options?

Don't GIve Up. Don't give up. Treatment does work. There are many different medications that can be used in combination with therapy.
Talk to your doctor. If you are not tolerating meds always talk to your prescribing doctor and potentially get a referral to a psychiatrist.
Add ability . Sorry you aren't feeling well. Don't worry there are options. You can add ability to your SSRI and Wellbutrin with SSRIs can reduce some of the side effects. Most of all please believe you will get better eat healthy exercise believe in yourself. You can do it. Full history and more in depth examination of any depression, mania, psychomotor agitation, psychosis required. We believe in you. .