How can I prevent ingrown hairs on my thighs?

Soap and hot water. as often as convenient. Do not shave the area and no dilapidation creams (hair removal creams) . Avoid tight fitting clothes and no lycra. Loose cotton and airing out are best.
Ingrown hair . The simplest way to prevent ingrowing hairs is to let your hair grow freely without shaving it. You may want to try this for a brief period if you need relief from particularly bad spots. Other hair removal methods may be less likely to result in ingrowing hairs. For example, instead of shaving your legs, you may want to try depilatory creams, electrolysis or laser removal.