General information kindly : has HIV ever been transmitted via dentist performing root canal on patient ?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Documentation

I've yet to see documentation of even one case, but perhaps.
.... As long as your Dentist observes universal Precautions you should have no concerns.

In brief: Documentation

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jaspreet Dheri
Dentistry

In brief: No

No such case has been reported.

In brief: No

No such case has been reported.
Dr. Jaspreet Dheri
Dr. Jaspreet Dheri

In brief: Probably, but...

Many times, the answer to a "has something ever" happened question is YES.
That's because even the rarest things can happen in life, such as "has lightning ever struck the same person 3 times?" In the US, 30 years after the initial AIDS epidemic, we do not think about HIV when we go to a dentist. HIV infections from procedures happened mainly in the past, before strict precautions were universal.

In brief: Probably, but...

Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr Kepler is answering as a scientist. Your real question is: "will it happen to me?" The answer is: No, it won't.

In brief: See below

There was one reported case in Florida in the early 90's, the patient's first name was Kimberly, google it for the specifics.
Didn't have anything to do with a root canal.

In brief: See below

Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: No Such Case

Has ever been reported.
The normal sterile techniques needed to perform successful root canal therapy would prevent the transmission of HIV or any other disease.

In brief: No Such Case

Has ever been reported.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Peter Kurzweil