Currently take Topamax & Phentermine daily. Any potential side effects as my wife and I try to conceive? Took about 3 months for 1st child (pre-meds).

Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Topomax/phentermine

that combo-marketed as Qsymia has a MAJOR educational effort around pregnancy as the drug is a pregnancy category X meaning it SHOULD NOT be used during pregnancy - at least in females.
In males- my best recommendation is STOP it - for at least 3 months prior to planning a baby - once she is pregnant you can resume it(if you are taking it) I would NOT risk birth defects for some weight loss.

In brief: Topomax/phentermine

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Jonathan Jassey