On day 9 of Effexor for anxiety and panic attacks.The last 4 days my anxiety is so bad its worse than before is this normal?How long til I feel better

In brief: May take 30-60 days

May require dose adjustments.
Typically higher dosage for anxiety symptoms. But it will take at least two weeks to notice benefit at effect dose per my experience. .

In brief: May take 30-60 days

May require dose adjustments.
Dr. Bruce Rubinowicz
Dr. Bruce Rubinowicz
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: You need support

The intensity and length of your anxiety situation suggest the need for a mental health professional.
He/she can teach you strategies for coping w/your situation. An additional help is the practice of the relaxation response, a simple meditation technique in a book by the same name by Herbert Benson. Peace & good health. Continue to see doc and take meds as he/she indicates.Think holistically.

In brief: You need support

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Eric Weisman